Friday, June 13, 2008

Rep Season Featured in Wall Street Journal

Good morning bloggers!

After grabbing the third of my three cups of morning coffee (I, Abby, am a caffeine addict) and firing up the computer, I opened my Outlook to find in my inbox a very urgent email from our advertising manager. She had run across an article with the Wall Street Journal (OMG!) and had sent links throughout the building. Pulling my cinnamon coffee close, I settled in to read the recent review of our repertory season at the online Wall Street Journal. Terry Teachout was thoroughly impressed by our production here at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival and the quality of everyone's work (though I doubt that they don't have at least one Best Buy in New York and who cares if it's a landmark to direct people here). I won't post a summary of his review because you really should follow the link if just to see all the very shiny pictures included in the review.

Here's a link to Terry's blog, About Last Night, and he has some great reviews of productions in New York and regional theatres around the country.

That's all for now, though I'm sure something will pop up later in the day. It's a Friday and everyone knows that the best news always manages to fall at 3:00 on a Friday afternoon.