Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Blog from Nina (Maria in West Side Story

Good morning bloggers!

I've got another treat for you this morning! Another cast member of West Side Story, opening in less than two weeks on July 18th, has written a blog for today. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello!!

Ok, so this is my first time writing a BLOG entry. I guess I will just let you know my thoughts in a somewhat organized manner (If I told you my thoughts without organization, I'm afraid you might either judge me or dismiss me as COO-COO!!!).

2 weeks ago, when we pulled up to the Festival Theatre, we all gasped. The beauty of the theatre, the acres and acres of grass, and the cute ponds and bridges. It is definitely a big change from good ol' NYC.

We dove right into rehearsal. I wasn't rehearsing as much as the others at first, but I knew that would change quickly....a little too quickly : ) Rehearsing is definitely cutting into my poolside and pina colada time. LOL.

The cast has connected quickly. Already, the Jets/Sharks pranks have begun. Crazy tricks like writing on each others' cars ("Jets Rule", "Maria's got a bun in the oven", etc..) to silly stringing each other after a long day of rehearsal. Maria wants peace, not war!! So, of course, I was not involved in these games. C'mon guys, someone could get hurt.....or SHOT or STABBED. Oops, did I just give away too much of the PLOT?

I could not ask for a better Tony. Loren Christopher is the most beautiful, passionate, sincere and vulnerable Tony you will ever see. What is even better is that he is like that off stage as well.

I don't know how Karen (our director AND choreographer) is still alive after these long days of rehearsal. She gets no break. She is such a hard worker who is also extremely creative and precise. She is fun to work with.

I have so much more I want to tell you , but I must get back to my duties on stage : ) I will write more soon! Thanks for reading and come see the show! Get your tickets fast! I almost could not get one. See you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Nina! And in other exciting news, we've got a Press Junket scheduled for today, so by next week there will be a podcast with behind the scenes footage of rehearsal and dancing. Maybe I ought to get one of the pranks on film as well, eh? Sounds like the back hallway has turned a bit dangerous. As always, leave a comment if you have a question for any of our actors, builders, costumers, or pretty much anyone here.

See you at the theatre!