Monday, July 7, 2008

Now for a blog from "Tony" of West Side Story!

Good morning bloggers!

In place of the "A Day in the Life" series, today we have a special blog from Loren who plays "Tony" one of our young lovers in West Side Story. Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 5th

It's 11:00am, which means we're exactly an hour from getting started in Studio B. I think a general review of Act II is on the schedule for today. Which means somewhere throughout the day (perhaps a few times in a row), I will - generally - get shot! HOWEVER, yesterday I rushed a cue, which ultimately put Nina (Maria) and I in the wrong place at the wrong time, resulting in her getting shot in the back, instead of me getting shot in the front. Although it would be nice to NOT get shot for once, I HAVE NO IDEA how we would play that one out. LOL! Needless to say, I don't think I'll be rushing that cue anymore. Thanks GOD we're only acting...

Long before guns and death scenes however, is the ballet, which is first on the list of things to review today. These dancers are worth the price of any admission - dedicated, talented, professional, and good people. It's so difficult for me to concentrate on weaving in and out of their choreography (as my character observes the fantastic world of "Somewhere") when all I really want to do is stop and watch them.

It's now 11:05am and two of our dancers (Lauren and Ashley) are in the studio deeply involved in their yoga routine, as Maria Totten (our dance captain) is warming up in front of the mirror, in between stretching and doing abdominal crunches. Our AMAZING stage management is busy running in and out of the studio setting up for the day, while our director, Karen (::applause - applause::), who I've never seen NOT working, is in her chair deeply involved in whatever it is in front of her. All the while Jets and Sharks are filtering into the room, one of which is John (Baby John) with his new RED hair color! Which looks awesome! All the Jets (except for me) have dark brown hair, so the costume and make-up depot is slowly changing that up a bit. In fact there's some talk that Eric (Riff) will be joining me in the Kingdom of Blondom sometime here soon. I'll keep you posted. LOL

Everything is going great...and this show is going to rock. So much more to say, but I have to get myself ready for the day. It's not east getting shot ya know...takes ALOT of preparation. LOL. Take care...

Loren (Tony)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Loren! Man, lately every time I try to type an "e" I always get a "3." I don't think many people would appreciate a post in leetspeak. As always, bloggers, if you have any questions about our actors, shows, or build, then just leave a comment and I'll make sure you have an answer in no time flat. See you at the theatre!