Tuesday, July 1, 2008

West Side Story Lolcats

Good morning bloggers!

Yesterday I found an awesome lolcat pic while surfing icanhascheezeburger.com. Take a look:



Am I the only one amused by this image? I hope not.

On to the news! We'll be doing a complete series on "A Day in the Life of..." (hopefully with pictures) on people throughout the building and featuring an employee a week. So keep checking back each Monday to learn more about what people do around here and put some names to the work being done.

I've been sneaking the rehearsal reports for West Side Story and it looks like rehearsals are going extremely well. Scenes are being block and the musical numbers are being worked. I love going by and hearing the music from the show. I have to admit, I wasn't very familiar with the show before working on this project, but now I'm a little addicted to "Jet Song" and "America." There's also a video floating around the internet where Cher performs all the music from West Side Story and plays each character. The special effects are pretty good for the time that it was shot.

I hope you've gotten you tickets already because I checked with the box office and they are going very quickly. The previews are about completely gone now but you can still grab some seats if you act quickly. I would suggest the first two Tuesday nights. Not only are there some great seats avaliable, you'll also get a glass of champagne and a rose. Very romantic, no? Also the first week in August has some great seats still open. See, don't I look out for all of you?

That's it for today. If you like the post then digg it on Digg.com by click the little icon up at the top of the post. And keep checking back for your backstage connection to life at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival!